Wednesday, November 03, 2021

Let there be light...

Three weeks ago, I had reached out to many of you to help support a cause that is close to my heart - educating a girl child. I had started out with a goal of contributing $400 towards the educational expenses of girls in India by holding a bake sale. 


With over two dozen families and friends raising their hands to support followed by a weekend of some intense baking, packaging and distribution of over 400 cookies, I am absolutely elated to share with you that we have collectively pooled in ~$1500 towards this cause.

I am even more pumped to share that my employer United Health Group is matching the donated amount and we have therefore been able to double the numbers and donate ~$3000! 

After extensive research on several organizations, the organization that I have chosen to support this time is https://www.nanhikali.org/ - an organization that supports school education for underprivileged girls in India. 

Through our combined efforts, we will be sponsoring the secondary education of 35 Nanhi Kalis (literal translation: little/young bud), for a year! 

I can't say thank you enough for all of your support - Thank you to N for all the meticulous packaging and to Amma & Appa for taking care of the kids so I could give my best! A BIG THANKS to each and every one of you that not only supported monetarily but also reached out to ask if I needed any other help! 

In the words of Desmond Tutu, "Do your little bit of good where you are; It's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world." 

Thank you for helping me do my little bit of good! Happy Diwali!


2 comments:

Saikrishnan said...

Excellent work Archu! Keep it up! Happy birthday!

Vandana said...

We are so proud of you Archu. God bless you . Keep it up.